After you are married it is your partner who becomes the most important part of your life. You need to understand and respect the fact that she has left everything behind just to be with you and your family. There may be times when she might not understand the things happening in your house or may act differently. But at that moment instead of being angry at her, you need to be the person to support her. When you start doing that you see that over time she starts learning and adapting to things easily.
Few points that tell you how to support your female partner after marriage are:
1) Respect Her – the most important thing a girl looks for is respect from her husband. It is said that only when your partner respects you will the world do the same. If you insult her in front of others, people will consider insulting her a normal thing.
2) Love Her – what has the girl done do not deserve your love? You may be angry over things or you may not like certain things, but still at all times love her and be there by her side. That is enough for her.
3) Understand Things She Says – every person has a way of doing things, and it may be possible that her way differs from the way followed in your family. But just because she is an outsider who has come in, don’t try and put things on her. Understand what she is trying to say and make your family understand too. If you do that, she will trust you better.
4) Praise Her for Things She Does Right – you need to remember that your partner is new to the house and might not know a lot of things about your family. Please her for things she does right. It will encourage her.
5) Take Her Stand in front of Others – even if your partner is wrong, you may scold her in the confines of the bedroom. But when in front of people take her stand. This will give her trust in you. She will respect you more. And when you take her stand, no one will be able to point a finger at her.
Any marriage bureau that talks about marriage will only tell you about the girl. But nobody will tell you how to support each other after you are married. In our blog section, you will find all kinds of details related to marriage. Do check it out, and remember, the more you respect, the more you get respected.
Don’t Miss: Can a Wife Stay with her Parents After Marriage?